What Can I Expect in this Itinerary?
Embark on a 10-day adventure through Scotland’s stunning landscapes and rich history. This road trip itinerary takes you on a journey from Edinburgh to the Scottish Highlands, with stops at iconic landmarks such as Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, and Inverness.
Here’s a brief overview of the itinerary layout. Within the itinerary, you’ll find activities for each day, and recommendations for where to stay and eat. Each activity has been placed in a certain order to maximize travel time.
Day 1 and 2: Explore Edinburgh
Day 3: Drive to Oban with plenty of stops at viewpoints along the way.
Day 4: Scottish sealife and isles
Day 6 and 7: Explore the Isle of Skye (opportunities for longer walks)
Day 8: Inverness and surrounding attractions
Day 9: Return to Edinburgh with iconic stops along the way.
Day 10: Return to Edinburgh, with a final day to explore the city’s many attractions before bidding farewell to Scotland.
This itinerary is perfect for those seeking a comprehensive and unforgettable journey through Scotland, with a mix of culture, history, and natural beauty. Don’t miss your chance to experience the best of Scotland on this 10-day road trip in a ready-to-go mobile itinerary.
Can’t I just make an itinerary from the free blog post?
Absolutely! I’m proud to make content that is free and accessible to all. Here are some benefits of buying this itinerary:
- Many more stops and details
- Tap to navigate (no need to type – just tap the next item on the itinerary to open it in Google or Apple Maps)
- Organized to maximize your time – no need to figure out how long it takes to walk between places and which you should go to first because it’s already done
- Book with only a few taps – I’ve put booking links within the itinerary so you can easily tap to book something
- You’re supporting a small business! It takes months to research and develop itineraries and then several more weeks to put it all together into a form that’s super usable. I get so excited every time I see a purchase come through so THANK YOU!
Do I need to download anything?
Yes! When you make your purchase you’ll receive a PDF download that tells you how to access your itinerary. I’ve developed these itineraries in an app called Wanderlog (accessible on desktop and mobile) so you can look over it on the big screen and then easily have it on your phone once you reach Scotland.
Wanderlog is totally free to use and you don’t need any upgrade to access the itinerary. If you do want to upgrade to premium, you can then export the itinerary into Google Maps and modify it there.
Do I need to print anything?
Nope! You can print the itinerary if you want to but I’ve developed it to be used on the Wanderlog app.
Can I edit the itinerary?
No, unfortunately, Wanderlog doesn’t offer this feature yet. My goal in the future is for you to be able to duplicate the itinerary and remove places you don’t want to go, add any extras that you come across, and add in your accommodation and transport details. Stay tuned!
There are no reviews yet.